If you have a stream hosting account that has autoDJ server enabled you will need to upload music before autoDJ will work.
You are able to upload media to the CastHost.net Server in 2 different ways:
- FTP – This is the fastest and most robust way to upload music to the CastHost.net server. This option will require you to download a FTP client. We recommend the FTP client FileZilla its free and regularly updated.
- Using the Control Panel File Manager – Included in your control panel there is a web based file manager which allows you to upload and manage your files. This does not require any additional software downloads but is also a little slower and can be a hindrance if you have a lot of files to upload.
To upload music for your autoDJ server using web control panel:
- In the navigation panel at the left-hand side of the screen, click
Filesunder the AutoDJ heading.
- Click the
Uploadbutton at the bottom of the page. The file upload dialog should appear.
- Click the
Select filesbutton. A file browser dialog should open, allowing you to browse your home computer for the media files you want to upload.
- Select the media file(s) you want to upload and click the
Openbutton at the bottom of the dialog. Note that in most cases only MP3 audio files will be compatible with your autoDJ, although your hosting provider may advise you of other file types you may be able to use.
- The upload should begin immediately. Wait for the upload to complete, and then optionally repeat steps 3-5 until you have uploaded all of the media files you want to use.
- Click the
Closebutton to close the file upload dialog.
Upload music using FTP:
The process for connecting to the server will vary depending on your choice of FTP client, but all FTP clients will require essentially the same information in order to connect to your server.
To obtain your FTP connection information in Centova Cast, click
Quick Links under the General heading in the navigation panel at the left-hand side of the page. Scroll down to the FTP Client Connections heading to find your FTP hostname, username, and password.
Finally, enter this information into your FTP client and connect to the hosting server. If you require assistance in determining where to enter this information in your FTP client, please consult your FTP client’s documentation.
After connecting to the server with your FTP client, you should see a folder and file list similar to that displayed in the File Manager. Just as in the file manager, typically, the only folders of interest will be the
media folder, which contains the media you have added to your media library, and
ondemand, which contains the media you have added to your On-Demand Content widget.
To add new media to your media library, simply use your FTP client to upload new media files into the
media folder on the server. (You may optionally create sub-folders inside the
media folder to help organize your files; the files in the sub-folders will still be detected and included in your library.) In most FTP client software, to upload music you can simply locate the desired media files on your home computer and drag them directly into the
media folder shown in the FTP client.
After the upload completes, the new tracks should automatically appear in your media library within approximately one minute.
When you have finished using the file manager, click the
Return button at the bottom of the page to return to the main Centova Cast interface.
Ready to create your account and and join our community? Click here to get registered.