Lets discuss hot to get listed on Windows Media Guide. Please follow the information below and ensure you are meeting their guidelines.
Windows Media Guide is a huge directory of thousands of radio stations. These can be local stations, and online only radio stations. It allows people to search for specific artists, tracks, albums, genres, plus more. It is always in any stations best interest to get listed on at the very least the large station directories as it could increase your listener count quite a bit.
How to get listed on Windows Media Guide Instructions:
In order to get listed on Windows Media, please ensure that the below criteria are met and then submit that information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even though you may meet all of the criteria, CastHost cannot make any guarantees that your stream will actually get listed on Windows Media without any issues or follow ups. Please allow them 7 days for a response and/or listing to be accepted.
“Thank you for your interest in becoming a valued Windows Media Radio Guide partner. In order for us to consider your request, please submit the following for review:
- Your station name:
- Your business name:
- Your web site address :
- Your country or territory :
- Please confirm that your station complies with your applicable territories’ (country’s) laws:
- Please confirm your station is 24×7:
- What is your current user traffic to your station(s)?
- How many stations do you currently have and what genres?
- A direct streaming link to the station you are submitting:
We only accept partners whose streams meet the following (technical) guidelines:
- No HTML view or embedded players. To remove HTMLView, do a search of your ASX file on “HTMLView” to find something like the following:Simply remove this line from your ASX file.
- No pop ups or prompts of any kind. If your stream is prompting, you may want to check your MIME type settings on your Web server, and on your Web browser. (To set the correct MIME type on the client computer, you may have to reinstall Windows Media Player or change your settings manually. To do so, please refer to your browser documentation.)
- No AAC and AAC+. Also, .pls files are not supported natively but we do accept mp3 files.
- WMG does not link to blogs, search aggregator sites, and community or any social networking sites.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your streaming links comply with our technical guidelines. We do not offer any technical support.
A decision regarding your submission will be returned to you within 7 business days.
Windows Media Radio Guide Team”
Re-Cap on Getting Listed on Windows Media
Getting your radio station listed on Windows Media is not to difficult and can be a major asset to gaining visibility and in turn providing your more listeners. If you would like more directories that can help your station prosper, click here.
Ready to create your account and and join the CastHost community? Click here to get registered